PIG Gold Members enjoy these benefits…
Balance For Business
Many businesses feel detached from their existing bankers, are unsure of how to obtain the correct levels of funding and are apprehensive about approaching Banks/Financial institutions.
As a truly Independent Banking Consultancy, we are experts in Banking/Commercial Finance & Business Consultancy. We liaise with lenders on your behalf from the initial enquiry stage right through to final drawdown of your lending requirements. Many of our clients like us to stay involved with their businesses in a consultancy capacity after their initial requirements have been resolved. We are more than happy to do this as we believe in long-term relationships and we can often “fill the gap” left by a disinterested banking partner.
- As a PIG member, you are entitled to visit us for an initial 2 hours meeting, where we can discuss your circumstances and make suggestions on how best to progress.
- This will give you a valuable insight into your funding options and plans to move forward and develop your business.
- At the end of this meeting you will know if you are “Fit to Borrow” and can move forward with your property business
- Access to the latest Balance for Business news reserved normally for customers
- Get the latest insights on the banking world
Goodmans Financial Planning
Goodmans are a firm of Chartered Financial Planners giving independent advice to individuals and business owners to help them grow, manage and utilise their wealth. We operate an office in Totnes and Plymouth, but will work with clients across the South West. We look after just over 200 families, approximately £50M of client assets and have been in operation since 1995.
We work with clients to help them craft financial plans that bring their assets to life. The aim is to deliver confidence and clarity ensuring that the maximum lifestyle is squeezed from pensions, investments and property. After all life is not a rehearsal or a competition to be the richest person in the graveyard! Many of our clients are either moving towards retirement or in retirement and are reliant on their capital for their lifestyle and security. Each client is supported by a team, including an experienced financial planner, delivering advice on all aspects of financial planning including inheritance tax, trusts, and pension drawdown. However the most important work we do is around helping clients draw on their wealth to maximise their quality of life, with confidence and certainty.
For clients referred to us we provide the first planning session, over two meetings, at our own expense. After this session if you want to work with us, and we feel that we can add value, then we would agree our fees for the initial work required and for our ongoing service.
Goodmans Financial Planning Ltd is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 6892778
- As a PIG member you are entitled to a free initial planning session.
Mark Holt & Co
At Mark Holt & Co and Healium, the entire team is committed to helping you grow and preserve your wealth. In fact, that’s been our underlying focus since this practice was first formed in 1987. Since that time we have been delivering big firm expertise with local firm care and attention.
We have successfully helped hundreds of clients, in a wide range of industries, from the compliance tasks, through to consultancy projects. This has been possible due to our loyal and experienced team being committed to ensuring the success of our clients.
We are not a firm of dull traditional accountants and we work hard not to be perceived as such – our firm exists to help businesses grow, not just track their historic performance and tax obligation at the end of each year. We pride ourselves on being a friendly, approachable and fun team, but with the main aim of always being there for our clients as our mission statement says….
“Our aim is help our clients and ourselves achieve more than we both ever thought possible and to have fun doing it.”
From the moment you walk into our office, you can be sure of a warm welcome!
- Year 1 – 1 x 2 hour one to one meeting looking at your tax strategy and planning
- Year 2 onwards – 1 x 1 hour update meeting
- 5 x 10 mins phone calls per year
- Access to the all of the Mark Holt & Co website contain lots of useful info – not accessible to general public
- Added to Mark Holt & Co mailing list to receive Great Ideas and other useful information (e.g. budget updates)
- Invites to regular seminar and events
At GA Solicitors we pride ourselves on the level of service we provide our clients. We understand that it is as much our role to keep you informed as it is to carry out your legal requirements to a professional and high standard. Our pledge is to lessen the stress on our clients, not add to it.
With this in mind we have developed a customer charter which outlines our commitment to you.
GA Solicitors’ Customer Charter
- You will be provided with a named contact from the outset-we are a friendly organisation, not a faceless one
- You will never be surprised by a bill – we will keep you informed about costs every step of the way
- You will be kept up-to-date on all developments, and if there is no change for whatever reason, we will tell you that too
- We will make ourselves available for phone calls or meetings whenever possible
- If we miss your call, we will call back, the same day wherever possible
- Written correspondence will be dealt with within no more than two working days
- We’ll keep it simple- all letters and communications will be in plain language with an explanation of any legal jargon that can’t be avoided
- Every person who calls or visits GA Solicitors’ office will be greeted courteously and with a smile
Philip Oke is a partner in GA’s litigation team and acts for individuals and businesses in a broad range of areas including debt recovery, mortgage possession, and boundary and rights of way disputes. He has a particular specialism assisting landlords to evict bad tenants and recovering rent arrears. Philip has been with GA for some 25 years now and been assisting landlords throughout that time. He has also been a landlord and a PIG member since 2014.
- As a PIG member you are entitled to a 1-hour consultation with Philip Oke who will review any documents relating to your tenancies you might have concern with. This will be held out of hours at a location convenient to Philip and member.
- As part of the 1-hour session he will provide you with a legal health check
Val McKie – People Development Expert
In life we face many choices and through the decisions we make we create a pattern which becomes a template for future decisions. In business we do the same. In order to grow ourselves and grow our businesses we need to occasionally take time to reflect on our experiences and on whether the logic we are using is still valid for the present and the future. What may have stood us in good stead in the past may not now be as relevant. Whether we like it or not there is emotion behind all of the decisions that we make. Facing this fact in the business world can sometimes be a challenge. A better understanding of ourselves and others can facilitate this process, improving communication at all levels and bringing greater productivity.
Val McKie has worked for many years helping business leaders not just improve company performance but also provides them with an independent ‘sounding board’ through which unthought of possibilities have become real. She has worked in businesses of all sizes both locally and globally. She currently provides coaching and mentorship support to clients in Australia, Canada, France, Germany and Plymouth.
Val’s focus is on people issues and the factors that drive and motivate them. She utilises leading edge Behavioural Analysis and Values tools to support her in her work. It has been said that 15 minutes with Val can be transformational.
“It’s not often that ten minutes changes your slant on life but that is what Val did to me. She was able to know something about me that even I didn’t realise and, as a consequence, I tweaked my course on life’s journey and have been eternally grateful to her ever since. Bright Lady, always talk sense and is always worth listening too.” – Phil Hesketh, Author and Motivational Speaker
PIG are delighted to have her on board as their principal people development expert
- 4 x 30 minute Skype sessions on a one to one basis with Val providing personal mentoring (1 session a quarter)
- The quarterly review provides clients with both a quantifiable goal and timeline for reporting back on progress made. It is an opportunity for reflecting on and/or re-evaluating progress and goals leading to the potential to optimize success
Falcon Business Centre
We are able to offer a variety of meeting rooms, furnished to a very high standard, to cater for most meeting needs. Our support team are here to provide you with a hassle free experience. We can supply a delicious working lunch or a serve yourself buffet. All our rooms can be configured with the latest IT equipment to suit your requirements and can be booked by the hour, half a day or for a full day. A full PA service can also be made available for the duration of your meeting.
- 2 x months FREE call answering service for PIG members, answering with a pre agreed script for your business needs
- 2 x months FREE reasonable use of meeting rooms
- 2 x months FREE dedicated phone number for your business
- 2 x months FREE postal address service
- All benefits above are subject to a 12 month contract
Bronze and Silver benefits included as part of the Gold membership
- PIG Plymouth tickets for 1 year (10 tickets)
- Plumbase PIG cash account – Up to 20% discount and boiler rep lunches
- The Insurance Group – 10% discount on property insurance
- £32 Gas Safe Certificates (1 item checked)
- The Will Centre – 20% DISCOUNT on Wills and Powers of Attorney
- PJM-PI Private Investigators – £50 EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT on debtor tracing services on a no find, no fee basis
- Donnington Stuart – EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT of 15% off all their landlord services.
- 241 Photography – 20% DISCOUNT of Professional Property Photography to assist you in attracting quality tenants and vendors – includes all processing and enhancements
- Val McKie – 20 minutes self development mentoring session before or after a PIG event followed by 2 further 20 minute sessions via phone or Skype
- Bright LLP Solicitors – 10% discount on all legal work
- Wolferstans Solicitors – 10% discount on conveyancing
- AR Energy Consultants – Save on utility bills with extremely competitive rates and dedicated account manager
- The Will Centre – 20% discount on Wills and Power of Attorneys
- Barron Surveying Services – 10% discount
- Ace Fire Alarms – Hold the price for 3 years and volume discounts
- Former Glory – 20% discount on fireplace/stove installations – chimney sweeping discount provided
- Three Sixty Mortgages – £50 off broker fee discount
- Val McKie – 1 x 60 minute self development mentoring session